After more than three decades in production with the same iconic design elements, the United States Mint is bringing change to its Gold Eagle Series for the first time in history. On the date of the programs 35th anniversary, a new reverse design featuring the American bald eagle in a life-like image is joining Augustus Saint-Gaudens historic obverse depiction of Liberty.
- Type 2 release with the new reverse eagle design.
- Contains 1 Troy oz of actual gold content (.916) 22 kt. in BU condition.
- Bears a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Lady Liberty is depicted on the obverse.
- An American bald eagle stares off into the distance on the reverse.
- New design from Jennie Norris!
- Reeded edge variation for anti-counterfeiting protection.