- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic capsules. Multiples of 20 come in a sealed roll and multiples of 100 come in a sealed box.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Depicts the classic artistry of a bounding red kangaroo surrounded by rays of sunlight. The inscription “AUSTRALIAN KANGAROO”, The Perth Mint’s “P” mint mark and the 2021 year-date are also included in the design.
- The coin’s reverse includes a security feature in the form of a micro-laser engraved letter within the design. It is only detectable under a magnifying glass.
- Guaranteed by the Perth Mint.
1 oz. Australian Platinum Kangaroo Coin
This is the third year that the Perth Mint has struck a Kangaroo in platinum and is issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965.
This .9995 fine platinum bullion portrays one of Australia’s most iconic outback denizens in a starburst in what has become a classic design on both the silver and platinum kangaroo coins.
This is the third year that all Perth Mint bullion will feature Jody Clark’s contemporary portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse. She is shown wearing the Royal Diamond Diadem. Each of these coins also includes a micro-laser engraved letter within its reverse design as a security feature.
The Platinum Kangaroo 2021 coin has an authentication feature that is designed to make counterfeiting significantly more difficult. Each coin includes a micro-laser engraved letter within the coin’s AUSTRALIAN KANGAROO heading that is detectable only under magnification.